Description of Soranib
Brand Name : Soranib
Composition : Sorafenib Tosylate
Manufactured by : Cipla. Ltd.
Strength: 200 mg
Dosage Form : Tablets
Packing : Pack of 120 Tablets
Soranib is a chemotherapeutic drug which contain Sorafenib Tosylate as active substance. Soranib is a prescription based on chemo drug, it should be dispense under knowledge of medical practioner. Do not discuss with others about the medicine, whomever may be suffering from same problem but it will not give effectiveness.
Pharmacology of Soranib
Mechanism of action
Soranib prevents the cell surface and intracellular kinase to decrease the growth of malignant cells. A protein tyrosine kinase is a type of biological treatment(sorafenib). The kinase act as chemical messenger. This enzyme enhance the cancer cells growth.
Soranib also called as multi kinase inhibitor, since Soranib blocks most of the protein kinase. Action carried out by two way ,Soranib will bind with the protein which normally help to grow tumour cells and other way it helps to block cancer cells forming from new blood vessels.
* Absorption: Soranib tablet after administration, when compared to oral solution the mean bioavailability is 38-49%. The peak plasma level of Soranib is 3hrs.
* Soranib with moderate fat meal(30% fat), bioavailability is same and with high fat meal(50%), bioavailability is reduced to 29%. Therefore Soranib is administrated without food.
* Distribution: The human plasma protein bounding of Soranib is 99.5%
* Metabolism: In liver CYP3A4, Soranib undergo oxidative metabolism and in glucuronidation by UGT1A9. Soranib
has been identified 8 metabolite in which 5 metabolite present in plasma.
* Elimination: In oral administration, Soranib tablet 96% of dose excreated within 14 days, by 77% dose in feces and 19% dose in urine as glucuronidated.
Indication of Soranib
• Soranib used to treat the hepatocellular carcinoma
• Treatment of kidney cancer the Soranib tablet is used
• Soranib are used for the treatment of patients with advanced carcinoma refractory to radioactive iodine (metastatic thyroid cancer)
Dose & Dosage's of Soranib
• The recommended dose of Soranib Tablets is 400 mg (2 x 200 mg tablets)
• Soranib taken two times in a day on empty stomach (at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal).
• Treatment should continue till the patient is not clinically benefiting from treatment.
• If you missed a dose take it as soon as possible, if time reach for next dose, then skip missed dose and continue regular schedule. Do not take extra or 2 dose at a time.
Side Effects of Soranib
Common Side Effects : Acne ; Frisking (Dry skin) ; Nausea ; Itching or rash skin ; Vomiting, ; Diarrhea ; Patchy hair thinning, ; decrease appetite ; Stomach pain ; mouth dryness ; pharyntitis ; Weakness etc.
Serious Side Effects : Bloody stools ; Coughing up blood / vomit ; fast heart rate ; low concentration ; Chest discomfort ; Sudden weakness ;Hypertension; Severe skin problem; yellowing of the skin or eyes etc.
Contraindication of Soranib
• If you have hypersensitivity, avoid using Soranib tablet
• Carboplatin and paclitaxel combination with Soranib will leads to squamous cell lung cancer.
Drug Interaction of Soranib
• Soranib Combination with carbamazepine + dexamethasone + Phenobarbital + phenytoin + rifamipicin leads to reduce in Sorafenib plasma concentration.
• Soranib Combination with doxorubicin and irinotecan will increase the plasma concentration.
Precaution of Soranib
To make sure you are safe to use Soranib medicine, Inform the doctor if you have any of these other conditions:
• kidney or liver problems other than cancer
• high BP
• Cardiac problems
• a history of stroke
If you are allergic to Sorafenib (the active ingredients). Inform doctor piror to treatment.
Usage & Safety profile of Soranib Pregnancy & Lactation
Category D: Soranib can harm to an unborn baby and cause injury and even death to the unborn baby if you treatment during the 2nd and 3rd trimesters of pregnancy. if you are pregnant do not use the Soranib medicine without the knowledge of your doctor.. It is not known that this medicine passes into breast milk or could harm a newborn baby. Do not use Soranib medication, if your breast feeding.
Storage of Soranib
• Soranib stored at 250C
• Keep it in cool and dry place and protect from light and heat
• Keep it in a locked cupboard, so that children can’t reach out.
• Soranib should store in its original container and close it tightly.
• Soranib should keep away from children