Description of Ledifos
Brand Name : Ledifos
Content : Ledipasvir and sofosbuvir
Strength : Ledipasvir 90 mg ; Sofosbuvir 400 mg
Manufactured by : Hetero Healthcare Ltd.
Trade name : Harvoni
Dosage Form : Tablets
Packed container with 28 tablets
Ledifos is a antiviral drug which contain fixed-dose combination tablet of Ledipasvir and Sofosbuvir that administrated through mouth. Ledifos marketed by Hetero healthcare Ltd . Ledifos is a prescription medicine ,the medicine purchased by a patient with valid prescription obtained from doctor. Ledifos package is a pack of 28 tablet in a container.
Pharmacology of Ledifos
Mechanism of action
Ledifos (ledipasvir) is a HCV NS5A polymerase inhibitor, which is mainly required for viral multiplication. Ledipasvir mode of action targets NS5A protein which used for resistance selection in cell culture and cross-resistance studies.
Sofosbuvir is a hepatitis C virus NS5B RNA dependent and polymerase that used for viral reproduction. A nucleotide prodrug (Sofosbuvir) which undergoes intracellular metabolism to form uridine analog triphosphate. It will inhibit the viral replication and blocks the new production of HCV. Sofosbuvir acts as chain terminator by NS5B polymerase.
Absorption – Both combined drugs and predominant circulating metabolite (GS-331007) have been subjected to healthy adult with chronic hepatitis C.
Median Peak Plasma Concentration(MPPC)
DRUGS RANGE(hrs post dose)
Sofosbuvir 0.8-1(absorbed quickly)
Effect with food: For fasting conditions- Single dose of ledifos administration with moderate fat or high fat meal increased Sofosbuvir have no significant effect. Therefore Ledifos response rate was equal in phase trials and HCV infected patient can administrated with or without food.
Distribution: ledipasvir (ledifos) bound to human plasma protein is >99.8% where as Sofosbuvir is approx 61-65% (human plasma protein bound). For metabolite GS-331007 the protein binding is minimal in human plasma.
Metabolism: Ledipasvir metabolism was observed by human is CYP1A2,CYP2C8,CYP2C9,CYP2C19,CYP2D6,CYP3A4
Primarily Sofosbuvir mobilized in the liver in the forms of pharmacologically active nucleoside analog triphosphate GS-461203
Elimination: Ledipasvir (ledifos) 90mg oral dose mean total elimination of the radioactivity in feces and urine was approx 87% and half life of 47hrs administration
Sofosbuvir 400mg oral dose mean total elimination dose was >92%, be found in approximately of 80%,14% and 2.5% eliminate through feces,urine and expired air while in metabolite dose of 78% eliminated in urine. The half life of Sofosbuvir and GS-331007 is 0.5-27hrs respectively.
Indication of Ledifos
* Ledifos used for treatment of long lasting hepatitis C ( liver viral infection ).
* It is also used with combination of another antiviral drug (ribavirin).
* Ledifos acts by decreasing the quantity of hepatitis C virus in our body
* Ledifos recover the liver from infection by fighting against infection in immune system.
Dose & Dosage's of Ledifos
* One tablet administrated once in a day, orally with or without food
* Avoid taking antacids within 4 hours of ledifos.
* If you feel better than also continue the ledifos tablet
Do not skip the dose during treatment
Side Effects of Ledifos
• Memory loss
• Breathing difficulty
• Chest discomfort
• Low heartbeat
• Weakness & head pain
Contraindication of Ledifos
Ledifos has a contraindications with other antiviral drugs as follows:
* Allergic to the Ledispavir/Sofosbuvir
* Child and Adolescence to 18 years
* Pregnancy and breast feeding.
Drug Interaction of Ledifos
* Ledifos used for treatment of long lasting hepatitis C ( liver viral infection ). * It is also used with combination of another antiviral drug (ribavirin). * Ledifos acts by decreasing the quantity of hepatitis C virus in our body * Ledifos recover the liver from infection by fighting against infection in immune system. Side effects.
Precaution of Ledifos
Avoid ledifos ,If allergic to ledipasvir/Sofosbuvir
* If you are in treatment with another medicine or contains Sofosbuvir.
* Avoid during pregnancy, planning for pregnancy or breast feeding
* Avoid if you are affected by kidney or liver problems
* Avoid using ledifos if you have allergic to food,medicines or other substsnce
Usage & Safety profile of Ledifos Pregnancy & Lactation
Ledifos with Ribavirin will affect the Birth Defects And Fetal Death. In Animal Studies, it have been Shown Interferons have Abortifacient Effects. Avoid in Pregnant women And Male Partner. Patients should check Negative Pregnancy Test Prior To Initiating Therapy. Use 2 Effective Methods Of Contraception And check Monthly Pregnancy Tests.
Storage of Ledifos
Ledifos is stored in a closed container. Keep away from heat, moisture and direct light
Kept at room temperature and reach out of children
Keep it in original bottle and do not freeze it.
Stored under 300C